Monday, April 13, 2015

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hey, everyone! This week I'm once again participating in Top Ten Tuesday! This week's top ten was top ten inspiring quotes from books.  I love so many quotes, but I had some difficulty locating all of them. In the end I decided to include just these seven. A few of them are about love, a few of them are about life. I hope you enjoy them! Let me know how you like them =)


1. “You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” 
― Nicholas SparksThe Notebook

2. “Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you.” 
― Sarah DessenThis Lullaby

3. “I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.” 
― Lisa KleypasBlue-Eyed Devil

4. “Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” 
― Veronica RothDivergent

5. “Sometimes, Ms. Lane," he said, "one must break with one's past to embrace one's future. It is never an easy thing to do. It is one of the distinguishing characteristics between survivors and victims. Letting go of what was, to survive what is.” 
― Karen Marie MoningDarkfever

6. "Hope strengthens, fear kills."
― Karen Marie Moning, Fever Series

7. “Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.” 
― Lisa KleypasSugar Daddy





8 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the quotes from This Lullaby and Sugar Daddy. I haven't read these books, but I will write down these quotes. They are just so amazing, and truly inspiring.

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were great books, I definitely recommend them. Sarah Dessen and Lisa Kleypas are definitely both on my top ten favorite authors =)

      Delete
  2. Yes, fear is my biggest difficulty. Controlling fear. Yes. Thank you for these.

    Here are my inspiring quotes from books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! The "hope strengthens, fear kills" is probably my all time favorite quote. I have it on my phone's lock screen, and I'm debating a tattoo. It's definitely a good reminder!

      Delete
  3. I really like the quote on DarkFever! I loved that series fever all the way

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I can't wait for the next one. Burned left me wanting so much more information!

      Delete
  4. You make me want to dive back into Karen Marie Moning's books! I love your #1 quote. So true.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya! I've reread them a couple times, and I could easily read them again. They're so good! Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete